This will be a place to add new lamps from the few Companies that still make and sell Lava lamps along with there other cool lights .

Over time I see Mathmos as the main leader for this forum from there Lava to there other lights.

What will Lava Lite bring to the table for the world to buy. Looks like they may have there factory here in 2015 but will it have the machines to make the lamps or will it just be a place to assemble the lamps as they arrive from China which will be cheaper to make it happen.

If you see something new or even something that is still for sale post it here like these that can still be bought and are now on sale for $10.00 with there flared plastic see thru base with nice looking  top base port holes.

Perhaps one day soon we will see a Dr Who Lava lamp.

Views: 14311

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

New glitter colors to be found at Five Below for this year. Some are Neons and others in there Clear liquid are harder to find.

What is ending for LL in 2012 are the Clearview lamps in the 12z and 32z versions. LL had hoped for them to make it big with sales but forgot to make the globe worth while. Soooo many returns on the 12z versions and quite a few returns on the 32z ones has caused Target to sell off what is left. The Neons were also called back due to non working and very cloudy globes from Spencers and most likely will not be back for a second sale this Year. New lamps in 52z are back at Spencers for sale however they only have the standard 3 color combos and are not out for display you need to open the box up and have a look at what you buy.  There may be a new color version out soon and time will tell on have it will fair with its sales. Looks like 2013 will be the same as 2012 with there lamps Non-working and boring to watch.

Looks like we have a winner finally from LL for 2012. Picked up the New 52z Blue/Red combo today and it was bought as is no open the box to check it out. Got home and open the box to see a super clear globe with NO white dye on the bottom. It took around 3 hours for it to start flowing and it is flowing great for its first run. Made in June 2012 will see how it behaves in the next few days.

Attachments:

As of today My larger Spencer shop had recieved only 4 of the Pink Zebra lamps in the 32z color combo. Now for the bad news I had a look at one by taking out the vase the liquid was clear however once I had the vase in hand I looked at the Bottom where the coil is and it had white dye as a swirl around it. This looks like the same formula as the 12z Clear/Pink has. They had just started to add the 4 to there shelf so I told them I would return on Monday and perhaps I will buy it and make a test on this site about this lamp. I wish LL would just get there act together they just keep making bad lamps that over time people will just hate and never buy another lamp.

May have a problem with the Blue/Red 52z LL lamps from Spencers. Have started to run the 2nd replacement lamp and have noticed that on both lamps as the wax melted they did not spike at all. What concerns me now is that the wax formula may have changed and this in turn will not stick as well to the coils. The first lamp was returned since a good part of the wax was no longer sticking to the coil this was after 3 to 5 hours of running it. We may just have a bad coil which is bad as to how many are out there and or since the formula has changed and this is causing the non-stick to the coil. I will know in a few days on how this 2nd lamp does.

Time to add the Leopard to this forum. The lamp has been running great and will flow longer if a frosted bulb is used.

Looks like Spencers will be adding more Lava Lite display area to there shops real soon. Spoke to the area Manager today and they will be going from there 2 foot wide Lava Lite display to a 6 foot wide area and will be adding new lamps as they arrive. They have added a 20z cartoon wrap lamp of Batman today.

For $16.99 and from Target the Black/White base Zebra as a 20z lamp can be had however check this one out on the bottom of the vase to see if there is white dye around the coil area. The 32z version from Spencers is the better choice.

Five Below has added a few Lava and Glitter lamps in this nice looking see thru Base for the 10th Ann. Founders  Collection.

Attachments:

Another fine Classic from LL. They have started another run on the 20z lamps and have or will not make these color for the 52z lamps. Seems it much cheaper with the 20z lamps to buy and also as refunds then it would be for the 52z version. This color with its Red liquid and Black lava would be great to see on the 52z versions and even on the 32z versions.

Attachments:

As 2012 slowly comes to the end Spencers has redone there front store display in hopes of attracting business.

Lava lamp sales were very poor for the few shops that are out there for 2012. People are just tired of buying bad LL lamps and even though LL has a very few lamps that WORK people are just walking past them not even taking a second look to make a purchase.

LL has perhaps reached there end with there lamps that were so bad over the many many years and now not many are buying .

RSS

© 2024   Created by ElectricAstro.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service