Time to correct a few problems with my 2013 Grande. The Grande lamps have always had problems due to being made in China as cheap as possible. I noticed last year the inner globe had started to haze up inside due to cheap wax run off. This is also a problem with their 32z and even 52z globes. I used what I had in the house to make it clear again.

Views: 2017

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Let us know Bohdan, how it goes. I have seen some Schylling toys for sale here, they are big here with tin metal toys.

Lamp arrived today and looks great but time will tell how it will be!

nice color combo

The lamp has a nice spike however wax has started to stick to the inside as in runs after 6 hrs. Not good!

I have contacted Now Schylling and sent photos of what you see below the wax stick has gotten very bad it is even running up the right side of the globe so the flow is not there however the liquid is clear! They will send out just the globe since the base/cap are fine. As I wait for the replacement I will add a dimmer to the base and make some pin-holes.

UGH

Drilled a few holes and added dimmers. Next up time to un-paint the first globe from LL China that is wax sticking all over and try to fix it up!

Waiting for the 2nd globe to arrive from Schylling may take a few weeks due to stock.

If you feel li8ke getting creative, use Duplicor metal cast paint on the bases

It goes right over the silver

What a great looking color!!

I used them yrs ago as a great looking Anodized finish.

They sure do.~!
Stinks like hell though

Not to go off topic but LL dropped the ball with Wizards when they stopped with Red and Blue Bases / Caps to match the glitter color

Started to remove the paint from the 1rst globe with that wax stick problem. I used Clean Strip does a great job in 15 Min or less.

I''ll try that next time\

I used acetone and steel wool last time

RSS

© 2024   Created by ElectricAstro.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service