Time to correct a few problems with my 2013 Grande. The Grande lamps have always had problems due to being made in China as cheap as possible. I noticed last year the inner globe had started to haze up inside due to cheap wax run off. This is also a problem with their 32z and even 52z globes. I used what I had in the house to make it clear again.

Views: 2030

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It has been almost 2 weeks since I received this lamp and its running great for now?

Nice flow on that one Bohdan!

They have a harder wax and can run 10 to 12 hours after that the base dimmer can be used.

I really like how the Base/Globe are packed in double box like this Grande glitter. I wonder how long LL China will continue the Custom Grande run before its end and will Schylling pick it up or not?

Glad I got the Grande Glitter Custom GLBE601 lamp for who knows what the future will be for this lamp and the Red/Yellow GLBE605 globe. The glitter runs with a 75w bulb and looks great as the glitter reflects of that glass table. I had a few 75w R bulbs to be used running this glitter with its 100w R bulb may cause the heat to lump the glitter together.

I actually like the multi-colored globe when done right .

You can always install a dimmer?

What base are you putting that in ?

One of my Heritage Base/caps. LL China made a great base with the Grande Heritage and was the first and last to have the much needed built in dimmer.

I have a few 75w R bulbs and the Grande glitter is a nice base to use them up.

I have seen a few of the 52z Galaxy glitters running in the Spencer shops with there 40w bulbs and the glitter has clumped up due to the time running and the heat.

A look at both globes now that they have had a nice run. 

However on a sad note LL China after sooo many years still use that cheap really cheap rubber seal plug that after 3 to 5 years will start to come apart and fall into the vase. For those who buy a Grande remember its a work in progress lamp from coils to cloudy to Sticking wax from within.

RSS

© 2024   Created by ElectricAstro.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service