Time to correct a few problems with my 2013 Grande. The Grande lamps have always had problems due to being made in China as cheap as possible. I noticed last year the inner globe had started to haze up inside due to cheap wax run off. This is also a problem with their 32z and even 52z globes. I used what I had in the house to make it clear again.

Views: 2031

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Over the many years LW/LL China Grandes have gone thru many changes due to making them cheaper the bulb holders were longer yrs ago then made shorter when the globes started to crack. They now are back to were they once were however if the vase touches the bulb then LL should be reminded as such. The vase has an inner curved shape to the bottom and the vase never fully sits on the base its around 1/4" air gap if you have and empty vase and have it sit on the base you will see that its not quite on that bottom seat. One big problem with newer Grandes is those cheap coils which do not like that extra water added to the formula by LL China the coils start to turn over time.

Yes Amazon has a packing problem which is why I will buy my lamps/bulbs thru LL China.

I have seen many size Bulb holders over the yrs from early 2000 to now.

The Grande globes are much thinner now they use to be quite thick.

The coil turns ? what are you talking about ??

these are my first grandes the 3 i got i noticed they were thin.. take you nail on your finger and tap the glass and it makes a ding....... that echos in the bottle.. which means its paper thin.

My grande glass was made poorly too.. i dunno if these are cracks or what but it looks like it t9 me.. all my globes have these imperfections. Kinda worries me.

Ill post pics ina sec.. seems this website on mobile has no option to add pics like the other forum

here are the imperfections.. see these slanted line.. all my globes have 1 2 3 of them.. its kinda freaky

Those marks are normal I have had them on other Grande lamps. They used to say that the globes were hand blown that was many yrs ago. The Grandes now are factory made and at times you can even see the spin marks on the Glass. Over time you will see the bottom of the globe with those Black specks that settle within the coil however the wax will not pick them up as they flow for some reason the coils seem to hold them back. The yellow wax is the softest wax LL China has and they seem to run Hotter then the Red wax with the purple liquid. Also the yellow wax will have more Black specks as time goes on, this is normal and why the yellow/purple globes seem to be cloudy most of the time when ordering them.

The original Giants now called Grande had hand blown glass. When the Grande first came out they also had hand blown glass globes over time they started to make the Grande cheaper more Cost effective and they were Factory done. On some globes you can see the swirl marks going around the globe and the coils turn  as the years go by. There is a big difference in the Giant and Humongo hand blown glass as to what is now in the Grande/Colossus globes.

Would be great to see the other 2 colors added to the Grande lineup as in this photo of the Giants from 1999. 

Ya my grandes i can see the swirl marks on the glass.

Also remember the Giants at the time cost around $325.00 to buy as the Grande less then $100.00 now and cheaper at times.

very informative

Thank you

dang that is very expensive lol.

How much were colossus lamps new just curious ?  I want one... but i doubt ill ever find one lol

on the remote possibility that you ever find one for sale, plan on putting out over $2000+

Maybe... there are always people who sell stuff for prices they dont know..

Lol could get lucky

I remember walking into a Spencer's in 2000 and they had a Mega Giant on a Black square stand for sale at $399.00. What made this lamp unique was it was very limited and the globe was Pink liquid with Pink lava on a Black base/cap.

Grande lamps are now coming from 

Schylling Inc.

3951 E. Earlstone street,

Ontario, Ca 91761

RSS

© 2024   Created by ElectricAstro.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service