Time to correct a few problems with my 2013 Grande. The Grande lamps have always had problems due to being made in China as cheap as possible. I noticed last year the inner globe had started to haze up inside due to cheap wax run off. This is also a problem with their 32z and even 52z globes. I used what I had in the house to make it clear again.

Views: 2017

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a shame because these large lamps have awesome flow if done correctly.
Its not just bad goo

I cannot tell you how many dented bases I've experienced

It took 4 returns to get a 50th anniversary without a dent

The better-dented bases end up as custom projects and sent to the body shop to be painted

Then there are the crappy globes with very noticeable artifacts and hairline cracks that eventually make the lamp explode.

On there site they only have Grande with Silver base now and looks like very soon the Grande globes will be sold out! That Red/Yellow looks interesting?

You can still get a custom cool in any color base and even in glitter

https://lavalamp.com/product/9998/

I'm waiting for funds so i can get 4/5 glitter ones to have the fluid in stock for projects

I thought about draining them into my colossus but the glitter is probably too small

At one time I bought a few Grande Glitters however there glitter starts to fail due to heat as they melt together and the liquid turns bad over time Plus they have a very SLOW flow with the glitter. 

From there site as of Now.

Grande Black and Gold Bases -Out of Stock

I like fast glitter for large lamps

Just for fun I ordered the Red/Yellow version with its silver base since the other colored base/caps are no more an will see how they are packed and how the product looks like direct from LL.

Another collector just ordered one from Amazon and got sent a second one free because it was cloudy

he complained about the packaging and they refunded his money on the first one and sent another  (3)

go figure!

Never happen like that for me, they just stopped sending me replacements 

I have never ordered Lamps from Amazon you never know how long the lamps have been with there supplier unless direct with LL. 

Grande lamps still not using Dimmers the only time I saw Dimmer came with the Heritage collection.

Over the years the worst color combo has always been the Purple liquid with yellow wax they just have that cloudy to super cloudy looks to them.

Yeah but it worth a try if you end up with three lamps for free and a few are cloudy.

'the can always be redone.

the new ones work just on distilled water too, no need to PG or Sodium Chloride

My Custom Grande arrived and packed with 2 boxes inside main box.

If they packaged them all that way they would have a lot less returns

RSS

© 2024   Created by ElectricAstro.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service