For the last 3 days I have been to 2 Target shops in my area buying a few of the Clearview lamps. As time went by I returned 3 lamps todate due to heavy cloudyness in the liquid. I have kept 2 of them since they were hard to find in the Yellow and Purple colors. Both are cloudy but not as bad as the others I had bought and these have no wax streaks all over the inner vase. Both are 32z models the Yellow is #4408 and the Purple is #4425. They use a 25w bulb in them since they may melt the upper plastic cup holder if 40w bulbs are being used. I have begun to run the 2 globes I have in sliver streak base with 40w bulb so they will hopefully clear up faster over time. The cost was yes Cheap $22.00 and they may have many returns on them very soon from the buying public. I will update this forum as time goes by.

From what I have seen so far it looks like the same formula from the Neons.

The vase on the center Silver Streak is an older China version from yrs ago. Perhaps they should return to this older Formula.

Views: 4183

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got lucky today my Wife picked up another Clearview in yellow on her travels. She likes the way the base looks so we will see if this one Clears up. I did return the other yellow today at the same time. They have the same wax-formula just like the Neons. Looks like the purple Clearview has begun to clear up somewhat so with the 90 day warrenty on them I will keep them and see how they go. However I donot see pontential buyers having to wait 2 months for the Yellows to clear up. The yellow wax is the problem same as in the purple Clearviews.

Have you noticed something about the Clearview vase. First of they have made them with less lava so the 25w bulb will have a chance to get the lava going. Also the bottom of the vase is made thinner then what they had once again to have the 25w bulb work as to make the lava flow with in a nice time. Also the yellow lava is not a real yellow color they have used the formula like in the neon from the older problem Grande lamps. Photo added as to what the vase looks like now as to a yellow USA vase and another pic with an older Green China vase. If they added more lava the flow would be alot nicer.

Attachments:

I have been using 30w bulbs that I had bought from Spencers yrs ago to see if the base could handle the extra heat. I started running the 3rd newer Yellow with it and now after 6 hours all is still well and the inner plastic frame is not that hot to the touch. The 25w and 30w are the same in height and when the vase is on the base the bulb almost touches it this is how close the light is on these units.

Attachments:

This is what my 3rd Yellow Clearview looks like now after 6hrs running with its 30w bulb this one may just be a winner.

Also common to these globes are glass stamped dimples 12 of them around the middle area in the glass nicely spaced.

I have started to add wax from a Neon to the Yellow and Purple Clearviews there flow is very poor to watch. Seems they wanted this lamp to start fast with its flow. So far the Yellow has worked out very well even when using the 25w bulb.  The time it takes now for it to start is around another half hour. The Purple seems to be starting the same and it flows great. Time will tell all on this mod and will post final pics next week. I added 3 oz of yellow wax to each vase. The wax is very soft in the Clearviews.

Attachments:

Thanks for the photos Bohdan! I wonder why the glass has marks on it?

Finally my Clearviews in these 2 hard to find colors are running great. Both run with 25w or 30w both have added extra lava to them and both have one fantastic flow to them . It will post them running later on there caps have to be resealed once cooled down. Notice that the extra lava now comes very close to the clear plastic glode holder. This is what LL should have done. It takes 30min more for the wax to flow and this is still using the 25w bulbs. They made them to flow faster for the buying public and saved $$$$ while doing so.

Lava Lite you should have made them with some pride and quailty and sold them for $39.99 they would have been great.

Attachments:

Perhaps I will do a review on the YES  12z Clearviews that are 11.5" tall come with a 15w bulb and in this pink/clear liquid.

LL ended the 8z lamps since sales were very poor came out with the Accent 12z line that many had to be returned do to cloudyness and non flow. So for the same cost of there Accents at $11.99 we now have smaller Clearviews.

I believe we the buying customers deserve better quality lamps. I bought a few of the 12z Accents and they were bad.

After running these lamps thru my pump filter and then adding extra lava to them which works well from a Yellow neon the wax is the same softness and the liquid is also the same batch #. That extra wax really makes a difference and many times I will see both globes with a snake flow to them. They still take a little longer to start flowing but well worth the time. This model should have had extra wax added to them as they were being built. I have been running them with there 25w bulbs.

Now adding Glitter Wizards to the Clearview makes it one very different looking lamp. The Glitter can now be seen thru out the whole globe as it flows from bottom up.

Attachments:

Finished a table ring for the Clearviews. The ring had to be center cut exact to just fit around the plastic cup. I will add another pic of this lamp later on as a nite photo showing the outer ring lit.

Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by ElectricAstro.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service